Ipv4GlobalRouting: best way to change metric, recompute, and trace it?

Paulo Alexandre Regis

Mar 18, 2019, 5:20:44 PM3/18/19
to ns-3-users
My task is to construct a wireless mesh network and collect data. At the moment I am not interested in testing protocols or anything, so GlobalRouting seems the best way I can compute the optimal route.

I have a few questions, though, before I start:

- Does global routing work for wireless networks? I would like to use the Simple Wireless module (not in the main release), a range based net device.
- What does the metric of the ipv4device mean? I know the default value is 1. Does it mean that in a simple p2p link the cost of that link would be 2 (metric of each interface)? Or 1 (in this case, this '1' comes from which interface, src or dst)?
- I will need to compute the routes quite often (and change the metric value before recomputing). How do I trigger the computation?
- I need to compute the optimal next-hop, based on some customized metrics, thus I'll need to trace each time RouteIn/Output is called. As far as I know there is no trace for that, correct? Would I be able to access all the nodes from those functions? Is there a global reference to a NodeContainer I could use?

Hope this is clear enough. Let me know if you need more information. Thank you in advance.