Re: Bridging 2 Virtual Machines Over Simulated NS-3 Network

Message has been deleted

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 29, 2015, 5:27:40 AM6/29/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

let me point out that, if you are familiar with the Tap Bridge model doc that you linked, then you have some huge issue. The doc you linked is for ns-3.10, and we're at ns-3.23.

You already asked this question once, if I'm right. And we said to study the documentation. The one for the latest ns-3 version, the one you should use.
In the latest ns-3 there is a new module named FdNetDevice.
Please, pretty please, study and usr the latest ns-3 version.

Thanks,

T.

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 3:24:35 AM UTC+2, rajani wrote:
Hello,

I am looking bridge two virtual machines over a simulated ns-3 network using ns-3's tap bridge model. Each of the virtual machines should be completely independent, appear as a node on the NS-3 network, and able to run their own applications, etc.

I have completed the "HOWTO Use Linux Containers to Set Up Virtual Networks" tutorial and had no issues. I would like to accomplish the same thing, except using two separate virtual machines instead of Linux Containers. I am familar with the Tap Bridge Model documentation

Could someone help me figure out what specific changes I will need to make to get it working with virtual machines rather than linux containers (specific help with routing, networking, especially in VMware would be greatly appreciated.)

Thank you in advance!