get node location, CQI at application layer

appDeveloper

Jul 19, 2017, 2:29:36 PM7/19/17
to ns-3-users
Dear users and developers,

I have an interesting problem here, I searched for this information online but was unsuccessful to get something working, so I decided to write this message. Thank you in advance for any leads.

Objective : To send node location and CQI to a remote server using EchoClient and EchoServer example in the tutorial.

I have 2 applications, EchoClient app installed on LTE UE and EchoServer app installed on LTE eNB,

Now, When I start the EchoClient app, it should fill the packet with location and CQI information and send it to EchoServer app. I know that there are ways to do it in the main program/ scenario program ( https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ns-3-users/godXdo-NirY/dWQ_jxFQHAgJ ), but I didn't find how I can node information in application.

Thank you for any information,