Help with plug-in system in 802.11s

David Peláez

Mar 22, 2018, 11:36:14 AM3/22/18
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I am new working with ns-3. I am trying to set up a simulation of a wmn using HWMP protocol as routing protocol. This network should be used as a backbone and i want to connect some wifi clients to the mesh network. The problem is that the 802.11s implementation on ns-3 does not support AP mode, but searching around i read that using the plug in system that is implemented for 802.11s on ns-3 one can extend the behavior of a mesh point device to work as an Access Point. If that is the case, I am a little confused with the use of this plug in system, and I have some questions about it.

1) If i use the plugins specified on .11s implementation (HwmpProtocolMac, PeerManagementProtocolMac, MeshWifiInterfaceMacPlugin), can I implement a mesh network with support for BSS?

2) This plug ins can be used with the MeshHelper or do I have to configure everything using the functions specified on this plugins?

3) The MeshWifiInterfaceMacPlugin allows me to use this Mac type
mac.SetType ("ns3::ApWifiMac",
             "Ssid", SsidValue (ssid));

Apollogize me if there is to much questions but I am really confuse on how to use this plug in system. I have read the documentation and gone through the implementation of 802.11 model but since there are no examples about the use of the plugin system I need some hints.

Best regards
David