How to remove SatChannel from Satellite NS3/ Or how to Seperate the Nodes in different machine in Satellite model

Manoj J

Nov 10, 2017, 1:57:32 AM11/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'm new to NS3 (just 1 week knowledge on ns3) and was trying to remove SatChannel in the simulation environment.

What I am thinking is to exchange the packets between UT/GW to Satellite bypassing SatChannel

something like following SatNetDev->SatPhyTx to handover the packet to SatGeoNetDev->User/Feeder->SatPhyRx,

What I am trying is to avoid the interference and to see how things are working.

Just thinking if I can achieve this I could move Satellite into different sytstem

If there is a different method to achieve the above point, please do let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
J Manoj.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 10, 2017, 11:32:34 AM11/10/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

since SatChannel is provided by a 3rd-party model, we can not give you a definitive answer.
If SatChannel is derived from Channel, you should be able to substitute with an equivalent channel w/o errors.

T.