DCE with net-next 3.7

Konstantinos

Sep 12, 2014, 6:16:18 AM9/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Hajime,

How can I use the net-next-sim 3.7 instead of 2.6 in DCE?

The manual of DCE for that [1] is not complete, but on the netdev mailing list you mentioned that the port is now complete and I see in the Bakefile.xml that they are included.
So, only thing I need to do is to update the dce-linux-1.3 module of Bakefile.xml

<attribute name="configure_arguments" value="configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR --with-ns3=$INSTALLDIR --with-elf-loader=$INSTALLDIR/lib --enable-kernel-stack=$SRCDIR/../net-next-sim-2.6.36/arch"/>
and
<depends_on name="net-next-sim-2.6.36" optional="False"/>

to have net-next-sim-3.7.0, and continue with bake.py download/build ?

Hajime TAZAKI

Sep 12, 2014, 8:48:15 AM9/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I think we need to update the document;
We already have a script for Jenkins test, but that's it so far.

https://github.com/direct-code-execution/net-next-sim-jenkins/blob/master/daily-test

Having multiple branches in current bakeconf.xml is kind of difficult.
Above script internally uses bake but uses different bake module (dce-linux-inkernel) so that we can build with different kernel versions.

And also [1] includes an obsolete information. Need to update too.
Message has been deleted

Konstantinos

Sep 19, 2014, 8:50:40 AM9/19/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, theh...@nifty.com
Sorry problem fixed, hence I deleted my previous post.
I had removed the "iproute-2.6.38-fix-01" dependency thinking that it is related only to 2.6 kernel. When I added it back, the example worked.

On Friday, September 12, 2014, Konstantinos <dinos.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Hajime,

How can I use the net-next-sim 3.7 instead of 2.6 in DCE?

The manual of DCE for that [1] is not complete, but on the netdev mailing list you mentioned that the port is now complete and I see in the Bakefile.xml that they are included.
So, only thing I need to do is to update the dce-linux-1.3 module of Bakefile.xml

<attribute name="configure_arguments" value="configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR --with-ns3=$INSTALLDIR --with-elf-loader=$INSTALLDIR/lib --enable-kernel-stack=$SRCDIR/../net-next-sim-2.6.36/arch"/>
and
<depends_on name="net-next-sim-2.6.36" optional="False"/>

to have net-next-sim-3.7.0, and continue with bake.py download/build ?

Hajime Tazaki

Sep 21, 2014, 9:11:23 AM9/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Konstantinos,

thank you for your report.

to tell the truth, iproute-2.6.38-xxx is related to 2.6
kernel; iproute2 package releases the similar version number
corresponding to the kernel version so, you may need
iproute2-3.7.0 for the particular case.

but fortunately (or not;), basic ip address and route
configurations can work with iproute-2.6.xx with 3.7
kernel. so we can still use it but it may need in a future
if a compatibility were broken.

fyi.

-- Hajime