question about ftp model1 realization in laa scenariohelper

John Young

Oct 18, 2016, 10:18:52 AM10/18/16
to ns-3-users
 I see in  http://code.nsnam.org/laa/ns-3-lbt  that, for ftp Mode 1, "It simulates file transfers arriving according to a Poisson process with arrival rate lambda across the entire operator network" . But  I find that in ScenarioHelper that the traffic of density lambda is split into both operators. I'm not sure if I'm mistaken.

Tom Henderson

Oct 18, 2016, 3:02:59 PM10/18/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
You are not mistaken; the code is not aligned with the documentation.
The documentation states the intended behavior in this scenario (each
operator network is independent), so the code in scenario-helper.cc
should be fixed. Please see the latest changeset just pushed now:
http://code.nsnam.org/laa/ns-3-lbt/rev/a40e203c4cae

I went back to look at TR36.889 on this point, and it simply refers back
to TR36.814 for Model 1. In TR36.814, it speaks of the file transfer
arrivals as 'per cell' (Figure A.2.1.3.1-1) so if we consider each
operator network in the LAA scenario as an overlapping cell, we ought to
have two FTP generators, one for each operator network.

- Tom

John Young

Oct 18, 2016, 8:15:25 PM10/18/16
to ns-3-users
Ok, got it.

在 2016年10月19日星期三 UTC+8上午3:02:59,Tom Henderson写道: