Problem with regard to xml trace file splitting.

William

Feb 23, 2016, 9:42:50 PM2/23/16
to ns-3-users
Dear members,

I have problem that the xml trace file doesn't be splitted to multiple file, although my simulation is still running. the storing is stopped at 5.4MB. I didn't use any API regarding Animation for this, that is to say, I use default as it is in NetAnim.
#define MAX_PKTS_PER_TRACE_FILE 100000

When I tried to use
pAnim->SetMaxPktsPerTraceFile(500000);
, I had same problem that the xml trace file didn't be splitted.

Is there any API to splitting xml trace files?

BR,

William

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 24, 2016, 3:58:35 AM2/24/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

are you sure that the simulation is still running ?
I mean that the script could be still running, but there could be no packets or mobility going on. This can happen if you did some relevant mistakes in the script.
Anyway, without the script it's impossible to say what's the problem, and making the max packets per file larger won't help you in having multiple files. Because that's what you did , you made it larger.

T.