Need suggestion how to connect this problem

Ravneet Pecorella

Feb 15, 2016, 10:00:55 PM2/15/16
to ns-3-users
I have problem how to connect 2 nodes with multi channel. Below is my network topology for this:
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
|                                         |
n0 ------------------------------n1
|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _|
It something like browser open 3 tabs at the same time. Because my project want to client (n1) will send 3 packet simultaneously. I'm new ns3 user, I read through your tutorial, and search on your group, but I can not find any information. Please help me by giving me some suggestion or some material for this problem. Thank you!

Konstantinos

Feb 16, 2016, 3:55:31 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Ravneet,

Just a comment here: opening 3 tabs in a browser does not require multi-channel operation.
The implementation of this scenario depends highly on your assumptions, i.e. how many radios/netdevices do they have.

- For multi-channel/multi-radio scenario, you simply install multiple WiFi netdevices, each one configured to different channel. Then you route each packet to the proper interface.
- For multi-channel/single-radio scenario, you have to use a multi-channel enabled MAC, and in NS-3 that is available with the WAVE module (IEEE 1609.4 implementation).

Regards,
K.
Message has been deleted

Ravneet Pecorella

Feb 16, 2016, 8:59:06 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
My project only request to send simultaneously 3 packets by 3 different channels from 1 computer to 1 server (maybe more because it does not mention) (each packet will have each different application), it does not mention how to connect it (by p2p or wifi). I'm confused. I will try create 3 netdevice containers, but I think it does not work

Konstantinos

Feb 16, 2016, 9:09:59 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
By reading the description, when it says 'channels', I would recon that a wireless system is expected, but that's up to you to decide. You could ask your tutor for further clarifications
We have given as much help as we can for school projects.

Regards,
K.

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 16, 2016, 9:19:05 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Ravneet,

just a curiosity.
My family name is quite peculiar. It's not widespread and, more or less, anyone carrying it has relatives in Italy that can be tracked to the last 3 generations (i.e., our grand-grand-fathers). I know I have relatives around EU and in the USA, and probably also somewhere else, but I wasn't aware of any family branch in your region.

So, the question is: where your ancestors came from, Sicilia or Puglia ?
If they're from Sicily, we're "close enough" relatives. Otherwise the difference is much longer.

Cheers,

T.

Ravneet

Feb 16, 2016, 10:01:58 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Tommaso,
That was my fault, when I search and read some replies maybe I copy it, and unfortunately when I create my account, I put it in my family name. I change my name now. I'm really sorry about that. if you do not mention it, I do not know that

Ravneet

Feb 16, 2016, 10:06:43 AM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Konstantinos,
Thank for your helps. I will ask my tutor what he mean in his project. When I have clearly clarifications, If I have problem, I will ask in this thread, hope you can help me again!

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 16, 2016, 12:08:38 PM2/16/16
to ns-3-users
LOL, not a problem. Indeed it would had been strange (but nice) to find a new relative :)

Cheers,

T.