Can Lena module simulate M2M in LTE?

Chang Felix

Jun 23, 2014, 3:00:27 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I'm a master student, and I'm working hard with thesis, , I read tutario, it has random access model(RACH), I want know LENA module can simulate M2M (machine-type communication)  in LTE environment?

Konstantinos

Jun 23, 2014, 4:53:35 AM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
If you just want to simulate the M2M traffic, i.e. traffic patterns, YES it can and it is not a matter of the LTE module but rather the application you will need to develop to emulate that traffic pattern.
If you are referring to LTE-D though, for direct connection between devices, it is not available (yet).

Chang Felix

Jul 1, 2014, 1:29:32 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

But I don't want simulate m2m traffic model, also code with my solution about congestion on eNB since massive device, I want to evaluate its performance to compare with other solution. I know LTE-SIM can do this, but it look have no RACH module!

songlj

Nov 18, 2015, 4:01:43 AM11/18/15
to ns-3-users
hi chang,
I encounter the same problem with you,can you please tell me how you solved the problem? thank you!

在 2014年6月23日星期一 UTC+8下午3:00:27,Chang Felix写道:

Abdullah Balcı

Jun 14, 2016, 1:40:31 PM6/14/16
to ns-3-users
Can anyone solve the problem? :)  Lena Tutorial said that you can simulate with 1-10 eNBs and 10-100 UEs. So how I can simulate for M2M communication with thousands machines.

UMANG PAREKH

Aug 10, 2019, 3:51:00 PM8/10/19
to ns-3-users
I working on a similar project. Did you develop any code for evaluating M2M scenario in ns-3? Can you provide the code??