LENA LTE module and pyhton

Ayman Sabbah

Oct 12, 2016, 11:17:22 AM10/12/16
to ns-3-users
Hello Ns-3 experts,

I am trying to replicate lena-simple.cc in python. However, when attempting to attach UE to Enb, the waf shell exits with segmentation fault (core dumped).

The debugger throws the following error:
"Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x019d9341 in ns3::LteUePhy::DoSetDlBandwidth (this=0x8b575e0,
    dlBandwidth=6 '/006') at ../src/lte/model/lte-ue-phy.cc:1292
1292      m_downlinkSpectrumPhy->GetChannel ()->AddRx (m_downlinkSpectrumPhy);È

It turned out that m_downlinkSpectrumPhy->GetChannel () returns zero!
After investigation, it seems that LTE module (when called by python script) does not create a channel for enb and when the ue is being configured according to enb's configuration, the debugger stops because there is no configuration.

On the other hand, lena module website states that: " the development version does not support python bindings." source: http://networks.cttc.es/mobile-networks/software-tools/lena/

My questions are:
- Does lena module in ns3.25 support python bindings?
- Did anyone try to create lte networks in python? Can you please help in fixing this issue?

The files are attached.

Thank you very much for your time,
Ayman
lena-simple2.cc
Lte_PythonOct122016.py

Mubanga Nsofu

Oct 16, 2020, 8:02:29 PM10/16/20
to ns-3-users
Hi Ayman,

Did you find a solution to the issue? I am keen to  find out what the solution was.

Thanks
Mubanga