Understanding the LTE signals

Shobhit Agarwal

Apr 28, 2017, 12:40:43 PM4/28/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,
I was trying to design a LTE network and I have laid down the topology using the lena-simple-epc as the reference code. I have also incorporated a remote host through which i can receive data packets on the UE devices.

When I tried to animate the code using Netanim, UE nodes and EnodeB nodes exchange some messages 4-5 time to-and-fro. I am not able to understand what are those signals that they exchange. Are they the paging signals?
How can I differentiate between those signals and the data packets from remote host?
And also every time the EnodeB sends anything to UE nodes. It always broadcast to all the UE nodes. Is that normal or do my code has some problem?

Kindly help and respond

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 28, 2017, 5:51:29 PM4/28/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

sorry if this might sound harsh, but this is a question too broad, and you should look for a book about LTE.
Simulating a network won't be of any use if you don't know what's going on, and you can't learn what's going on only from the simulations.

T.