Throughput Vs Average Energy in LTE Module

adsaci

Sep 12, 2014, 9:22:02 AM9/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!

This is my first question in this group!

Now, I am doing a master thesis to implement new online based scheduling algorithm in LTE downlink in order to minimize the average energy consumed by the system.

I started with a very basic scenario, 1 UE is attached to 1 eNB with no mobility.  My first experience in ns3-Lena Project was with this tutorial: http://lena.cttc.es/manual/lte-user.html#basic-simulation-program
The problem I faced in that  the PDU traffic is in saturated mode which means that throughput with is fixed with time.

I want to change the traffic rate so that I could observe the relation between the throughput and the average energy in order to examine the previous relation with different schedulers.

To do that I have to find an answer to following two questions:

(1) How could I vary the traffic between the UE and the eNB?

(2) How could I find or calculate the average energy consumed by the system?

I know that the first question has been asked many time but the answers were not clear and so abstract.

Thank you in advance.

Nicola Baldo

Sep 16, 2014, 4:36:16 AM9/16/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, September 12, 2014 3:22:02 PM UTC+2, adsaci wrote:

I know that the first question has been asked many time but the answers were not clear and so abstract.

Come on, don't be lazy! Do the whole tutorial you linked, search previous posts, look at the examples...