NS3 Click Integration - Point to Point implementation help

Eric

Apr 15, 2018, 3:08:58 PM4/15/18
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I have done my best to solve this on my own, but I am at the edge of my sanity and cannot seem to figure it out.

Short summary: How to use Point to Point with Click integration.  I am getting the below PPP Protocol Not defined error.
I attached the ns3 script if looking at that helps.  In that example I am using all of the basics in attempt to get it to work.

More Detailed:

I want to use click as a router with a 3 node topology, middle node being the router.  Click is installed on each node, and NS3 custom application is installed on endpoint nodes (similar to a udp client and server).  Cannot install p2p a and receive error:

           assert failed. cond="false", msg="PPP Protocol number not defined!", file=../src/point-to-point/model/point-to-point-net-device.cc, line=622
terminate called without an active exception

I am confused because from what I understand the Click Internet Stack should take care of this right?

The topology works with CSMA channels, but I would like to have the the links to use different DataRates.

Generalization of topology:

   C ----10Mbps ------ Click Router ------ 5Mbps ------R

Currently I can get everything work with CSMA, but for my experiment I was advised to not use it because I need to create a bottleneck at the router.

The reason I am using Click is because there is logic that I need to implement at the router, which I think the Click functionality will handle very well.

I am giving up for now and going to try and implement my logic directly in NS3, but I am under a huge time constraint and would love to hear if anyone has experience or example they can point me to to get click to run with p2p.

Thank you for your help in advance.

click-example-script.cc