Can NS-3 simulate a storage cluster

Fengzhi TU

Jul 4, 2015, 5:12:05 AM7/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to NS-3 and I want to use NS-3 to simulate a date center, not only the network traffic in the data center, I also want to simulate a storage system for each node in the data center, that is, we can store files in each node, and send the file between nodes.
can the NS-3 do this?

Konstantinos

Jul 4, 2015, 10:51:15 AM7/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, tufe...@gmail.com
Hi,

NS-3 is in principle developed for network simulations.
The processing functionalities that you request for a data centre might be difficult to implement in NS-3 because they are out of the scope of the tool.

However, you could have a look at the Emulation capabilities of NS-3 (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/emulation-overview.html)
where you could create several virtual machines that run the 'data center apps' and interconnect them with ns-3.

Regards,