Wifi NetDevices as Switch Ports for Openflow Switch

karthik karra

Jul 16, 2016, 9:11:59 AM7/16/16
to ns-3-users
For the method "Install" in OpenFlowSwitchHelper
OFSwHelper.Install (OFNode0, apDevs,controller);
OFSwHelper.Install(OFNode1, apDevs1,controller);
the second argument(NetDeviceContainer), I have provided the Wifi(AccessPoints) NetDevice Container and getting an error(shown below). I have two access points
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

0x00007ffff7998d85 in ns3::Object::GetObject<ns3::MobilityModel> (this=0x0)
    at
./ns3/object.h:459
459      T *result = dynamic_cast<T *> (m_aggregates->buffer[0]);

I have checked with CSMA net device container it worked fine.

And here is the wifi NetDeviceContainer.
apDevs = wifi.Install (wifiPhy, wifiMac, ap.Get(0));
I have attached the code.

Thanks,
Karra.

wlans.cc

karthik karra

Jul 16, 2016, 9:19:43 AM7/16/16
to ns-3-users
As in the error "MobilityModel" is mentioned, I have added the MobilityHelper and have used the Install method for STA and AP.
But not sure whether the mobility helper is correct for AP as it is being used as switch port. Is the idea of using AP(NetDevice) as switch port a correct one ?

On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 6:41:59 PM UTC+5:30, karthik karra wrote:
For the method "Install" in OpenFlowSwitchHel
per
OFSwHelper.Install (OFNode0, apDevs,controller);
OFSwHelper.Install(OFNode1, apDevs1,controller);
the second argument(NetDeviceContainer) which is added as switch port, I have provided the Wifi(AccessPoints) NetDevice Container and getting an error(shown below). I have two access points