How to enable pcap file?

Federico Orlandau

May 8, 2016, 7:32:25 PM5/8/16
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to generate a single pcap file with all devices information, is this possible?

I'm always getting a lot of pcaps files that i cant recognize what they represent.

Thanks!

Tommaso Pecorella

May 8, 2016, 8:15:12 PM5/8/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

please study the manual (and the tutorial).
Each pcap or trace file represents what a NetDevice is receiving or transmitting. You can't have a single file simply because each node is different, with a different position and delay with respect to the other ones.
As for what they represent (again) it should be on the manual. Even if it isn't, it's a matter of logic. It's prefix-<node number>-<interface number>.pcap.

T.

Federico Orlandau

May 8, 2016, 9:36:17 PM5/8/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tommaso,

Thanks for your reply, you light up my world.

Solved.

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---