Bidirectional tcp-bulk-send

Prakash

Jan 26, 2015, 10:58:12 PM1/26/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hello all

Is there any possible way to configure a bidirectional tcp-bulk-send application. I want to send data from sender to recover and vice versa.

Thanks and regards

Prakash

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 27, 2015, 2:21:07 AM1/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry, I really don't understand the question.
What do you want ?
- two flows (in this case why don't you use two tcp-bulk-send applications ?)
- two related flows using the same port numbers (in this case you need a new model).

Explain.

As a side note, udp-echo-client and dup-echo-server are a good example of how to have an app "replying" to the other. Follow that example.

T.

Prakash

Jan 27, 2015, 3:18:40 AM1/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Sir

Sorry for the confusion.

What I want is a TCP connection where receiver should also send some data back piggybacked with ACK to the sender.

I have a pcap file in which client and server are communicating over a TCP connection. Client is making some requests for data and server is replying back with data and ACK of the request. I want to recreate the scenario in ns3.

Currently I am trying to modify the tcp-bulk-send.cc example so that the sink application will not only send the ACK but also some data back to sender piggybacked with ACK.

Is there any other possible way to do this?

Thanks and regards

Prakash

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 27, 2015, 8:43:12 AM1/27/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

short answer: no, the one you said is the only way.

T.