Tx power in lr-wpan

Marsh

Dec 3, 2014, 10:31:08 AM12/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Please can any one give me suggestions on how can i change transmit power in lr-wpan (802.15.4). I am new to this model and searched a lot to find, in WiFi it was direct by using YansWifiPhy::SetTxPowerStart but i am not quite sure how to do this in lr-wpan. Any suggestions would be very helpfull....

Thanks and Regards
Marsh

Marsh

Dec 4, 2014, 4:14:45 AM12/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Can anyone suggest anything pls??

Thanks
Marsh

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 4, 2014, 9:37:21 AM12/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry for the delay. You have many ways to change this value.
The most "standard" way is to use this function:
LrWpanPhy::PlmeSetAttributeRequest (LrWpanPibAttributeIdentifier id,

LrWpanPhyPibAttributes* attribute)

The LrWpanPibAttributeIdentifier phyTransmitPower is the... PHY Tx power (in dBm).
Mind that if you need to change the channel as well, you have to do it before changing the Tx power (there's a bug right now).

Another way is to use the same technique outlined in , as is:
  LrWpanSpectrumValueHelper svh;

Ptr<SpectrumValue> psd = svh.CreateTxPowerSpectralDensity (txPower, channelNumber);
  dev0
->GetPhy ()->SetTxPowerSpectralDensity (psd);
where the Tx power is (again) in dBm.

Hope this helps,

T.