NetAnim doesn't show TCP meta

Denis Iovlev

Jan 22, 2015, 6:05:39 AM1/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I use ns3-3.21 with NetAnim 3.105. And I can not get TCP meta in NetAnim in star-animation example. I get only IPv4 meta only instead.

What is problem?
Also... How can I get graph and diagram such as on this image: https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/File:NetAnim.3.105.png? There are my views:

Pic 1. Ugly diagram

Pic 2. No cwnd graph

john.ab...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2015, 9:31:26 AM1/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a bug let me check

John Abraham

Jan 22, 2015, 11:45:02 AM1/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
can you try cloning netanim again

there were some TCP headers that were introduced recently that needed a change in the regex I was using.

john

Denis Iovlev

Jan 22, 2015, 11:54:27 PM1/22/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
It is working! Thanks:)
But I still can not get cwnd graph on node properties tree panel. Do I need to enable something in star-animation example?

Denis Iovlev

Jan 23, 2015, 2:55:49 AM1/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Also, there are not ipv4 address in node property tree.

John Abraham

Jan 23, 2015, 9:25:00 AM1/23/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
see attached code,
it requires understanding the "resources_demo.cc" example under neptunium.
and also an understanding of ns-3 trace sources.

attached screenshots. Note, I think node 0 does not have a change in CWND so the trace is not triggered.

Further the counters are triggered (in this case) when a CWND change occurs, so they are available only after 1 second (when the app starts). click the node panel only after that.

star-animation.cc
Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 6.19.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 6.20.34 AM.png

Denis Iovlev

Jan 25, 2015, 5:46:52 AM1/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for help. It is all right.