BRITE: How to set Datarate, Delay etc.?

Peter Riedemann

Jan 15, 2016, 3:09:42 AM1/15/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

At the moment, I use BRITE with ns3.22 to generate a Topology with a config file that I have appended. I want to simulate a part of the internet. For this purpose, I want to set the Datarate, Delay etc. or rather a Minimum and Maximum of these attributes for the several topology levels.

For example: The connection between the Leaf Nodes and the first router node should have a Datarate between 2Mbps and 20Mbps with a Delay between 2ms and 10ms. The router nodes within an autonomous system (AS) have a better connection to each other (e.g. 100Mbps-1Gbps, 2ms-5ms). And finally the root node of each AS has a connection to the other AS root nodes with a Datarate of 10Gbps and a Delay of 1ms.

I think the easiest way is to set the respective minimum and maximum values in the config file. Then the BRITE Generator can use a random value between the set values . But I don't know how. Can you give me a hint or an example how to set these values?

Thanks,
Peter
internetTopology.conf

Tommaso Pecorella

Jan 15, 2016, 11:05:49 AM1/15/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

check the bride examples in src/brite/examples. From my understanding what you ask should be already there. I mean, the helper does exactly that.

Cheers,

T.

Peter Riedemann

Jan 15, 2016, 11:51:52 AM1/15/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

thank you for your answer. And yes, you're right. Today I've read the usermanual of BRITE. The helper generates the topology and uses a random value of attributes that were defined in the config file. In my case (Top-down Hierarchical topology) the attributes BWInterMin and BWInterMax define the Bandwith (datarate) for the communication between the AS (the attribute BWInter has to have the value 2 for random values between BWInterMin and BWInterMax). For the communication in the router level within an AS the attributes BWIntraMin and BWIntraMax are used to set the minimum and maximum datarate (the attribute BWIntra has to have the value 2 for random values between BWIntraMin and BWIntraMax).

Thanks,
Peter

李楠

Jul 11, 2016, 2:54:37 AM7/11/16
to ns-3-users
thanks,your answer is great! But how about the delay of links?

在 2016年1月16日星期六 UTC+8上午12:51:52,Peter Riedemann写道: