ns-3 topology generator

nipa patani

Feb 10, 2017, 12:56:10 AM2/10/17
to ns-3-users
Dear ns3-users,

I'm trying to create topology using 3 source node,2 routers and 1 destination node.In this I have added ping application to generate traffic from source to destination node. For this I have used ns-3 topology generator and save the.cc file. But I'm facing errors while running .cc file in terminal.
Furthermore, I want to define destination node capacity  and no. of packet count on destination node.
generatortemp2.cc file is attached for the reference.
kindly help me out and best suggestion to the issue.

nipa patani

Feb 10, 2017, 4:17:47 AM2/10/17
to ns-3-users

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 9:56:10 PM UTC-8, nipa patani wrote:
Dear ns3-users,

I'm trying to create topology using 3 source node,1 routers and 1 destination node.In this I have added ping application to generate traffic from source to destination node. For this I have used ns-3 topology generator and save the.cc file. But I'm facing errors while running .cc file in terminal.
Furthermore, I want to define destination node capacity  and no. of packet count on destination node.
generatortemp1.cc file is attached for the reference.
generatortemp2.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Feb 14, 2017, 1:12:22 PM2/14/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it seems that the program you used to generate the script is extremely old, and it is based on a ns-3 version that is not compatible with the actual one.

I'd strongly suggest to start with the tutorial and do your simulation script without the help of a topology generator.
If you really are unable to understand and use C++ or Python (but in this case you'll be in trouble later on), you can try to find a newer topology generator.

Cheers,

T.

nipa patani

Feb 20, 2017, 5:23:33 AM2/20/17
to ns-3-users
Thanks,

I managed to run .cc file generated from topology generator.

Cheers.