Use Crypto++ library with NS3

Sourav Chhabra

Apr 7, 2015, 4:33:51 AM4/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hello all,
i am working on cryptography work.
please anyone tell me how to use this library with NS3 simulator.

regards,
sourav

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 7, 2015, 5:35:32 AM4/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

back my days people was ashamed to ask stuff that is in the documentation / wiki.
Nowadays, about 80% of the questions are "solved" by pointing at the right page in the docs.
Don't get it as a personal thing, you're just one of the many.

Also, how to link ns.3 with other libraries have been discussed extensively in the group. Please search for the relevant thread.

If you have a specific problem, feel free to ask.

Hope this will point you in the right direction,

T.

Sourav Chhabra

Apr 7, 2015, 6:23:36 AM4/7/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello sir,
i have already check this post and make changes accordingly.
conf.env['lcryptopp'] = conf.check(mandatory=True, lib='cryptopp', libpath='/usr/include/cryptopp')
    conf.env.append_value('CXXDEFINES', 'ENABLE_CRYPTOPP')
    conf.env.append_value('CCDEFINES', 'ENABLE_CRYPTOPP')

But still there is error as undefined reference.

please sir update your post.
There is no build option after performing all the steps.

Sourav Chhabra

Apr 8, 2015, 4:24:08 AM4/8/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hello all,
If anyone know how to add cryptopp library in  wscript using proper method for ns3.22.
Please attach your file or either post it.
regards,
sourav

Konstantinos

Apr 9, 2015, 6:11:25 AM4/9/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sourav,

After updating the wcsript file for your module, have you re-configured ns3?

./waf distclean
./waf configure (with any other options that you normally would add)
./waf

Sourav Chhabra

Apr 10, 2015, 4:59:04 AM4/10/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Yes sir,
i have updated and complete the solution.
thanks for your response.

prabhjot singh

Feb 13, 2016, 10:21:04 AM2/13/16
to ns-3-users

sir,
i have install and integrate Crypto library in ns3 know can u please tell me how to use it in ns3 code if possible then plz give any example

prabhjot singh

Feb 13, 2016, 10:22:07 AM2/13/16
to ns-3-users

Matt Anonyme

Feb 13, 2016, 12:27:34 PM2/13/16
to ns-3-users
ns3dev looks for libgcrypt by default so if you can adapt your code to use it instead, that may help you.

prabhjot singh

Feb 27, 2016, 4:17:02 AM2/27/16
to ns-3-users

si if posibal can u plz send me any example of ns3 code in which crypto
was using

Mona.S.A.

Jan 3, 2019, 2:50:54 AM1/3/19
to ns-3-users