Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Mar 4, 2015, 6:27:20 PM3/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I created a module named  nmp(new model protocol)using ./create-module.py nmp

I want to test if a new module works fine  which is why I used code of src/dsr in src,nmp and replaced dsr with nmp

I got "configure finished successfully" when i did  ./waf configure --enable examples --enable-tests

I would like  to build the new module nmp after which I want to add my code.

I tried ./waf build

i got build failed
"task in ns3-nmp"
I do respect everyone's time but I am also a beginner and need help from your good selves .
I  humbly request your good selves to kindly guide me with this

I did post this previously but I dint get an answer
I humbly request all experts to not mark this as a duplicate post .

thanking you

regards
lincy

Konstantinos

Mar 5, 2015, 5:58:29 AM3/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lincy,

I do not understand what you have done.

You created a new module "nmd" using the script. That's fine. This creates the basic folder structure, example files and wscript to build it.
What do you mean with 'test if a new module works fine'? You have NOT implemented any functionality of that new module and just by copying DSR code in NMD folder will test if DSR works. Also moving files from one folder to another simply DOES NOT work, as you have noticed.

There are 8 + 1 steps in creating a new module and you have only done 1-2 as described in the manual https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.22/manual/html/new-modules.html
There are no shortcuts in programming. You have to study and understand what is there, and then go and change it.

You have mentioned you want to modify DSR, do you know what you want to modify, where is this in current implementation?

PS: All your posts have been answered in the same level of the question.

Regards,
K.

Lincy Jim

Mar 5, 2015, 7:46:35 PM3/5/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir

I just want to ensure I have a working module src/nmp and then implement my modifications(coding)

Kindly guide me

thanking in advance

Regards
Lincy

Konstantinos

Mar 6, 2015, 4:08:08 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
As I said in my previous post, you have to follow the 8 steps of the manual.
You could use the source/header files from DSR (do not change anything in back in DSR module) but you must re-name them and the classes in your module otherwise you would find yourself having compilation error.

Lincy Jim

Mar 6, 2015, 5:04:25 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir

I have copied the exact code of src/dsr (all the code in the different folders of dsr)and renamed the classes and everything on the code named dsr to nmp. I ve included the source and header files in waf as stated in the manual and renamed them too
I have followed all the steps in the manual.

I humbly request your good self to kindly guide

Thanking in advance

Regards
Lincy

Konstantinos

Mar 6, 2015, 5:10:03 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I do not see any question or error to be solved. You have made all these changes which (if done correctly) will allow you to run a scenario with MNP instead of DSR. No try it.

Lincy Jim

Mar 6, 2015, 5:21:39 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir

When I give ./waf configure  --enable examples --enable tests

./waf build

How does ns3 know which module is to be built

Kindly guide

Thanking in advance

Regards
Lincy

Konstantinos

Mar 6, 2015, 5:31:37 AM3/6/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
It knows through the build system (waf) that it is used.
Read the tutorial and you can find more.