ns3 BLE codes

Geoff Guo

Apr 27, 2017, 2:27:37 AM4/27/17
to ns-3-users
Dear Experts,

I am currently going to do some simulation about BLE mesh networks by using ns3 in my research of wireless sensor networks.
According to a video about Bluetooth network simulator ns3 projects in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aO7wfTezQk, there is the "BLE folder" which can be used in the relevant simulation of BLE in ns3.
Could you please provide the way about how to get it?
In addition, are there some example codes about mesh networks and wireless sensor networks?

Thank you so much!

Regards,
Geoff

Konstantinos

Apr 27, 2017, 5:13:26 AM4/27/17
to ns-3-users
Dear Geoff,

There is no BLE module available (yet) in the main ns-3 tree.
Most probably the code you refer to is proprietary / provided by the uploader of the video.

Regards,

Geoff Guo

Apr 27, 2017, 7:08:10 PM4/27/17
to ns-3-users
Dear Konstantinos,

Thank you so much!
I am just wondering whether I can possibly get sort of ns3 example codes about Bluetooth or mesh networks for reference.
Could you please give me some suggestions? Thanks

Best Regards,
Geoff

Konstantinos

Apr 28, 2017, 3:54:38 AM4/28/17
to ns-3-users
There are two modules in ns-3 with corresponding examples
LR-WPAN (for bluetooth - IEEE 802.15.4) and MESH (IEEE 802.11s)

Regards,

Geoff Guo

Apr 29, 2017, 10:06:34 PM4/29/17
to ns-3-users
Hi Konstantinos,

Thank you so much!
As you know, when will the BLE modules possibly be available in the main ns3 tree? Thanks

Best Regards,
Geoff