ns3 node positions different than positions indicated by SUMO file.

Boong Baang

Feb 8, 2020, 6:08:24 PM2/8/20
to ns-3-users
I generated a custom scenario (circles.sumocfg) in SUMO and log the positions of the vehicles every 0.01 seconds (using TraCI circles.py). Now I use the same SUMO scenario in ns3 802.11p and the nodes broadcast their BSMs. Whenever a beacon is received, I log the location of the sender.
Suppose at t=1, a BSM from node 1 is received at node 2, I will log the location coordinates of node 1 for time t=1. However, I see a change in the locations pointed by SUMO file and ns3. Initially it's around 1 meters but by the ned of the simulation (~100 seconds), it becomes around 8 meters. It doesn't seem like an issue arising out of difference in the number of significant digits while printing out, as in that case, the errors won't increase in my opinion.

This was asked in a previous thread, but a solution was not posted there link.

Naoly Get

Feb 8, 2020, 10:50:19 PM2/8/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Boong, please I need the code you have created, please send me the file.

Thank you
Regards,
Naol

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Naoly Get

Feb 8, 2020, 10:51:48 PM2/8/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Uhhh, I have got it now. Thank you.

Naoly Get

Feb 8, 2020, 10:55:39 PM2/8/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Instead if Circle, do you have code for highaw road SUMO generated file please?

Adil Alsuhaim

Feb 9, 2020, 1:59:02 AM2/9/20
to ns-3-users
SUMO generated ns2 mobility files, with the format <time, Position>. I think ns3 estimates the velocity between two points to calculate a position in case you call GetPosition() between the two times where a position was specified by the SUMO ns2 mobility file.

Edivaldo

Feb 11, 2020, 11:16:40 PM2/11/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Boong, how are you?

It's Edivaldo again.
Please, I need your help!

Is your work related to WAVE BSM for traffic safety messages?

My study is about threat detection in Systems Transport Intelligent e VANETs.

In your code, published on the forum, from what I observed at some point, during simulation time, do you generate and dump any traces in text files (.csv or .txt) for these to be read by other functions of the simulation itself? As an example a parse?

Thank in advance for your help and attention!

Health and peace.

Sincerely,
Edivaldo