collecting PCAP file at specific node rather than link

Furqan Rustam

May 16, 2024, 1:45:46 PMMay 16
to ns-3-users
Dear,
I hope you are doing well,
I want to capture PCAP file on a node not on a link please can you guide me?

p2plink1.EnablePcapAll("NewTest");

currently i am doing this for capturing PCAP at p2p link.

kind regards

Tommaso Pecorella

May 16, 2024, 7:39:15 PMMay 16
to ns-3-users
PCAPs are already collected at the node.

The instruction "EnablePcapAll" just tells all the devices attached to the link to collect the PCAPs.
If you need to jay enable one node read the documentation. Unsurprisingly you'll find a "EnablePcap" function.

Furqan Rustam

May 17, 2024, 11:43:03 AMMay 17
to ns-3-users
Thank you for you help, i got it,

can you please also guide me on this issue,

Command 'build/scratch/ns3.36.1-r-debug' died with <Signals.SIGSEGV: 11>.

i am try generate DoS from node 0 to node one and node 0 to node 3.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 164050.png

Tommaso Pecorella

May 18, 2024, 4:45:55 AMMay 18
to ns-3-users
The best suggestion I have is to use a debugger.
The second best suggestion is to use a newer ns-3 release (unless you have specific reasons not to).