SetObssPdAlgorithm function missing in doxygen?

Nina

Jul 7, 2019, 6:32:13 PM7/7/19
to ns-3-users
Hello,

I can't find this function in doxygen or anywhere else mentioned other then in wifi model library. This is all the information there is about it:

The WifiHelper is also used to configure OBSS PD spatial reuse for 802.11ax. The following line configure a WifiHelper to support OBSS PD spatial reuse using the ConstantObssPdAlgorithm with a threshold set to -72 dBm:

WifiHelper wifi;
wifi.SetObssPdAlgorithm ("ns3::ConstantObssPdAlgorithm",
                         "ObssPdLevel", DoubleValue (-72.0));

There are many other ns-3 attributes that can be set on the above helpers to deviate from the default behavior; the example scripts show how to do some of this reconfiguration.

Questions:

1.Starting which version of ns-3 has this been implemented? I couldn't find it at the release notes. I use ns-3.27 and when i try to use this function it is not recognized.

2. I assume ObssPdLevel is the threshold that is used only for packets that belong to overlapping BSS? If so, how are bss color fields set?

3. Is there any additional information about SetObssPdAlgorithm other then what I posted here?

4.I assume there is only ConstantObssPdAlgorithm and the one that adjusts PD dynamically is not implemented?

Any help is appreciated.
Nina

Nina

Jul 7, 2019, 7:42:52 PM7/7/19
to ns-3-users
Just to clarify - I have read available information in wifi model library (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/wifi-design.html#ax-obss-pd-spatial-reuse). What I meant - is there additional information about the class ObssPdAlgorithm (functions and attributes) in doxygen or the list of all attributes page, because I could not find it?
Also, I don't understand - is the same class used for adjusting dynamic tx power level and also for defining a threshold (only constant?) for received obss packets?
Also, does bss color use need to be set with a function (like, true or false) or is it used by default when standard is set to ax?

Nina

Jul 11, 2019, 7:04:08 PM7/11/19
to ns-3-users
Anything? Anyone?

Nina

Jul 15, 2019, 7:06:14 AM7/15/19
to ns-3-users
I was just informed that this feature is not available in public release yet.