troubles with using "./build.py "to build ns-3.24 on os x

th_...@qq.com

Sep 20, 2015, 9:04:47 AM9/20/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,everyone!
    I used to use ns3 with Eclipse on Ubuntu,and it's running well.Now I have to do it on a Macbook,I have searched many ways to do it,including ns3 wiki,our group,but I still have problems.Here are some pictures  that show my trouble.The common error is something about "typeid".

IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1869.jpg
IMG_1870.jpg
IMG_1873.jpg

th_...@qq.com

Sep 20, 2015, 9:06:24 AM9/20/15
to ns-3-users
What should I do?

在 2015年9月20日星期日 UTC+8下午9:04:47,th_...@qq.com写道:

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 20, 2015, 9:59:38 AM9/20/15
to ns-3-users, to...@tomh.org
Hi,

for the moment, you can disable the Python bindings. However we found that there are some issues between ns-3 and Xcode 7.0. As a consequence, even if you disable the Python bindings, it will not compile.
Until we have a patch ready, the suggestion is: revert to Xcode 6.4

Sorry for the inconvenience,

T.

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 21, 2015, 5:09:45 AM9/21/15
to ns-3-users, to...@tomh.org
For the records, the bug being tracked is this:

In the webpage there is a temporary solution, but how to resolve the bug for good is still being discussed.
The bug will be updated with the solution we will decide to implement.

Cheers,

T.

th_...@qq.com

Sep 21, 2015, 7:50:13 AM9/21/15
to ns-3-users, to...@tomh.org

Hi,

Thanks for your advice! But unfortunately , I have to tell you that the bug solved above is different from mine.Of course I tried it,but it didn't work.

You can just see the errors showed in the picture,it's something like
"src/wimax/bindings/ns3module.cc:1
be evaluated despite being used as an operand to 'typeid' [-Werror, -Wpotentially-evaluted-expression ]
            if (typeid(*(const_cast<ns3::NetDevice *> (ns3::PeekPointer (arg1)))).name( ) == typeid(PyNs3NetDevice_PythonHelper).name( ))

BTW,I also think maybe I lost something to install,but I don't know what is that.
在 2015年9月21日星期一 UTC+8下午5:09:45,Tommaso Pecorella写道:

Tommaso Pecorella

Sep 21, 2015, 8:23:55 AM9/21/15
to ns-3-users, to...@tomh.org
Hi,

as I said, the workaround (for now) is to:
1) disable Python Bindings (./waf configure --disable-python), and
2) apply the patch in the tracker.

Then it should work.

Cheers,

T.

PS: next time, please copy-paste the errors and/or attach a text log. Pics are bigger and more difficult to read.

Tom Henderson

Sep 21, 2015, 6:06:46 PM9/21/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 09/20/2015 06:59 AM, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for the moment, you can disable the Python bindings. However we found
> that there are some issues between ns-3 and Xcode 7.0. As a consequence,
> even if you disable the Python bindings, it will not compile.
> Until we have a patch ready, the suggestion is: revert to Xcode 6.4

I was able to test on an Xcode 7.0 machine today and found that the
compilation error could be worked around by passing an environment
variable to the Waf configure step.

Please see the below errata page for a temporary workaround until we
make a maintenance release sometime later this week:

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3.24-errata

- Tom

th_...@qq.com

Sep 22, 2015, 9:31:39 AM9/22/15
to ns-3-users, to...@tomh.org
Hi,

With your help and TH's advice,now I can build NS-3 with eclipse.That's quite a big step for me!
But when I try to run a scratch,in the "Run Configurations"dialog box ,when I press "Search Project" there is nothing to select.I think the project wasn't build successfully.

Thanks again for your help.It's  a little hard for me to solve these problems .Maybe I should finally use a virtual machine instead and look forward to the next release.

Mark

在 2015年9月21日星期一 UTC+8下午8:23:55,Tommaso Pecorella写道: