NS3 support for DTNs

Thiago

Apr 27, 2016, 10:59:11 AM4/27/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I'm looking at simulations with DTN bundle protocol in NS3 and found that the new release has no support for DTN, according to the documentation (https://www.nsnam.org/ns-3-25/documentation/); however, I found a few threads, and projects, such as N4C (https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Related_Projects#N4C_DTN_project), DTN Bundle Protocol (https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Current_Development#DTN_Bundle_Protocol), and  Netlab (https://www.netlab.tkk.fi/tutkimus/dtn/ns/). All are at least 3 years old.

Are there any plans to make it an official module of NS3?

Thanks,
Thiago

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 27, 2016, 11:44:32 AM4/27/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Thiago,

we have half-completed code for both BP and LTP. However, both needs to be finalized. If you're interested in it, let us know.

Cheers,

T.

Tom Henderson

Apr 27, 2016, 12:13:01 PM4/27/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 04/27/2016 08:44 AM, Tommaso Pecorella wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> we have half-completed code for both BP and LTP. However, both needs to
> be finalized. If you're interested in it, let us know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> T.

Please note that one of our SOCIS project ideas is to do some
integration of the LTP and BP implementations that have already been
developed.

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/SOCIS2016Projects#Delay-Tolerant_Networking_integration

- Tom