Problem with global router

Morgan Waser

Mar 1, 2015, 3:40:45 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I've never had this issue before, but when I try to run my simulation I get this error:
aborted. cond="!(network==networkThere)", msg=GlobalRouter::ProcessSingleBroadcastLink(): Network number confusion", file=../../src/internet/model/global-router-interface.cc, line=843
followed by red text that says it is a SIGIOT error.  I ran the code in a visual debugger and ran through it line by line.  When it reached
Ipv4GlobalRoutingHelper::PopulateRoutingTables();
a window popped up and said that this file could not be found: ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 1, 2015, 4:02:07 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, Tom Henderson
Hi,

recently we found that GlobalRouting doesn't behave very well if you have more than one WiFi network sharing the same channel or more than one node. Basically what happens is that the routing thinks that there's a loop.
One possible cause is that every single node is a router for IPv4 by default.
There are two possible workarounds. One is tested, the other one not.

The tested workaround is: disable the GlobalRouting for all the Wi-Fi stations (except the AP, of course). The downside is that you have to manually setup the default gateway (the AP) using Ipv4StaticRouting::SetDefaultRoute
The untested workaround is even simpler: disable the IPv4 forwarding in the STA nodes. You can use Ipv4 class IpForward attribute or Ipv4L3Protocol::SetIpForward(false).

Hope this helps,

T.