Quick questions on setting the fc in the fading-trace-generator.m

Jayway Liu

Apr 26, 2017, 3:34:28 PM4/26/17
to ns-3-users
1. I am wondering how accurate does the fc setting in the fading-trace-generator.m have to be?

For the default DL(EARFCN = 100) and UL (EARFCN = 100) setting,

lte dl frequency =2.12e+09
lte ul frequency =1.93e+09

since the fading model will be applied to both ul and dl,  and seems to set dl and ul models in separate?

Do we need to set the fc to the average of dl and ul frenquency?

in the default setting case,

(2.12+1.93)/2 = 2.025e+09?

It seems the current script set it to fc = 1930e6, which is the ul frenquency, and I care more about dl performance in my simulations.

2. If I want to simulate a stationary scenario (speed = 0 for all UEs),  should I use the delays_urbanETU setting, or the

delays_pedestrianEPA ? Or, both are OK? What will be the reasons to use either?

Thanks,
Jay