fatal error: ns3/random-variable.h: No such file or directory

Sa Math

Feb 25, 2019, 10:55:51 PM2/25/19
to ns-3-users
dear all,

I am new ns3 user, i need to use random-variable but when i try to compile it show the error fatal as below

../scratch/mm1.cc:4:10: fatal error: ns3/random-variable.h: No such file or directory
 #include "ns3/random-variable.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

please kindly  help,
thanks.

Tom Henderson

Feb 26, 2019, 12:16:44 AM2/26/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 2/25/19 7:55 PM, Sa Math wrote:
> dear all,
>
> I am new ns3 user, i need to use random-variable but when i try to
> compile it show the error fatal as below
>
> ../scratch/mm1.cc:4:10: fatal error: ns3/random-variable.h: No such file
> or directory
>  #include "ns3/random-variable.h"
>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The header 'random-variable.h' is from many years ago. It was replaced
by 'random-variable-stream.h'.

- Tom

Sa Math

Feb 26, 2019, 2:14:48 AM2/26/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much this helpful support

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Durgesh

Oct 15, 2021, 8:40:38 AM10/15/21
to ns-3-users
Hi Tom,

Where do we need to add this new line? in which file and location. Thank you.