Pinger application is not working with static routes in NS3.25

Nishikant Thorat

Aug 1, 2018, 4:44:30 AM8/1/18
to ns-3-users

Hello,

As a beginner, I was trying to create Pinger application with two hosts and single bridge. I have added static routes from Host1 to Host 2.

Somehow, I’m not able to get ping response from Host 2. Could you please help me in fixing the same?

Topology

=========

H1 ------> S1------->H2

Here are few details

=================

  • NS3 version  3.25
  • Attached files,
    • Eight-switch-2-0  -  Pcap file.
    • Eight.tr - Traces can be found here
    • After enabling few log component, output of command  “./waf --run eight &> Output”
    • Eight.cc – Code base for mentioned topology
    • Routingtable – Here you can find added static routes.

  • Also, tried with Ipv4GlobalRoutingHelper::PopulateRoutingTables(), but code compilation is not successful with this API call. Gives following error,
    • “aborted. cond="!(networkHere == networkThere)", msg="GlobalRouter::ProcessSingleBroadcastLink(): Network number confusion", file=../src/internet/model/global-router-interface.cc, line=846”

Thanks,

nishikant

eight.cc
eight.tr