Pedro Pistolas

Oct 29, 2019, 12:32:56 PM10/29/19
to ns-3-users
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to ns3 and I'm trying to make a simple simulation (this is a debug step of a larger simulation where I'm facing a similar problem) where a node (Access Point) receives data from another node (Station) using the packet sink helper and the onoff application. I have used the wifi-tcp example as reference and base (as the manual and tutorial suggests to use the examples) but the throughput I obtain is 0 where the throughput obtained in the example is around 50 Mbit/s. This leads me to think that the sockets aren't talking to each other as the pcaps only register the access point beacon broadcast.

I would be very thankful if anyone could point in the right direction as I've been struggling with this for quite a long time. I've attached the code so you can read it and try it in your computers.

Best regards,

Pedro
sim.cc

Jared Dulmage

Nov 11, 2019, 6:12:30 PM11/11/19
to ns-3-users
Pedro,

I would like to help but your code has so many changes from the wifi-tcp.cc that it's hard to know which one caused the problem.  I would suggest going back to wifi-tcp.cc and individually changing parameters and objects until you get to what you want without breaking the sim.  One thing that stands out is that you don't explicitly set the WifiRemoteStationManager which is set in the example.  One more suggestions is to use the BulkSendApplication rather than OnOff since BulkSend will send packets as fast as possible while maintaining some flow control.

Anyways, hope that helps,
Jared.