How to Log Packet Flow at Each Node

Amruth Gudigar

Jul 4, 2024, 6:02:50 AMJul 4
to ns-3-users
I want to log Packet Flow from source to Destination Including all Intermediate Transmissions

In my scenario it used Dynamic Routing, Packets are Multihopping to reach Destination
Can anyone help I want to track Packet Flow
Expected format is

Application: App1, Context: Packet Received at N3, Packet ID: 1, Source IP: 11.1.1.1, Destination IP: 11.1.1.7
Application: App2, Context: Packet Received at N3, Packet ID: 1, , Source IP: 11.1.1.3, Destination IP: 11.1.1.7
Application: App3, Context: Packet Received at N3, Packet ID: 1, Source IP: 11.1.1.7, Destination IP: 11.1.1.7

I want to Track Each and Every Packets

I have attached code of scenario also,  Please help me

OLSR.cc

Amruth Gudigar

Jul 6, 2024, 1:13:07 AMJul 6
to ns-3-users
Is this is possible in NS-3

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 7, 2024, 9:37:13 AMJul 7
to ns-3-users
You can modify FlowMonitor to report these data - or write your own code using FlowMonitor as a general approach suggestion.
Both will require a considerable amount of skill to be done. Not impossible, not easy either.

Amruth Gudigar

Jul 17, 2024, 8:07:18 AM (5 days ago) Jul 17
to ns-3-users
Thank you @Tommaso