Controlling Rx Power

Krishna Bharadwaj

Jan 2, 2017, 12:11:45 AM1/2/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I found that we can control the transmit power using TxPowerStart/End attribtutes other than TxGain. Similarly is there any attribute to control receiving power of the receiver instead of RxGain. If there or not please tell me how to control receiving power of receiver.

Thanks and Regards,
pvnskbs.

Konstantinos

Jan 2, 2017, 11:33:24 AM1/2/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you have two attributtes to control the sensitivity of the receiver
  • EnergyDetectionThreshold: The energy of a received signal should be higher than this threshold (dbm) to allow the PHY layer to detect the signal.
  • CcaMode1Threshold: The energy of a received signal should be higher than this threshold (dbm) to allow the PHY layer to declare CCA BUSY state.
Regards,

Krishna Bharadwaj

Jan 3, 2017, 5:00:49 AM1/3/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Thank you for assisting me. So there's no direct control over receiver power. We have only these 2 attributes to control sensitivity and cca state.

thanks and regards,
pvnskbs.