Delay variation through a distribution

Alvaro Valenzuela

Oct 3, 2014, 5:29:30 PM10/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello ! My name is Alvaro Valenzuela and i´m a student of Telecomunications and Informatic Engineer. Actually i´m working at my thesis project and the subject and principal theme of this one treats about the realization of a simulation of ICMP packages and the behaviour of them in a particular distribution. My issue is that i don´t know how to make that the delay doesn´t have the same constant value and varies in a way that behaves like a empirical distribution, for example:

 Ptr<EmpiricalRandomVariable> x = CreateObject<EmpiricalRandomVariable>();
 x->CDF(value,probability);
PointToPointHelper p2p;
p2p.SetDeviceAttribute ("DataRate", StringValue ("5Mbps"));
p2p.SetChannelAttribute ("Delay", StringValue ("2ms"));

My sincerely regards,

Alvaro Valenzuela Valdés.
Engineer student of Diego Portales University.