how I can fix(report) a bug?

WonHyoung Lee

Feb 13, 2018, 4:27:50 AM2/13/18
to ns-3-users
Hi, all.
Before I write my problem, I'm sorry for my bad English.

I experienced a bug in NS-3.

I could find the following two methods to report a bug,
  1. email the ns-developers mailing list,
  2. enter the bug into the bugzilla database yourself,
and I could also find the following message.
"We strongly prefer the second approach; email to the mailing list runs the risk of falling through the cracks.

But, the function that creates account is now disabled.

Then, how I can try to report a bug?

Thanks.

Sebastien Deronne

Feb 13, 2018, 4:32:40 AM2/13/18
to ns-3-users
I suggest you post your problem on this forum, then developers/maintainers will create a Bugzilla issue in the tracker if this is a valid bug.

Tom Henderson

Feb 13, 2018, 4:26:57 PM2/13/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 02/13/2018 01:27 AM, WonHyoung Lee wrote:
> Hi, all.
> Before I write my problem, I'm sorry for my bad English.
>
> I experienced a bug in NS-3.
> I visited *Report a bug* page
> <https://www.nsnam.org/support/report-a-bug/>
> (https://www.nsnam.org/support/report-a-bug/) to report or fix the bug.
>
> I could find the following two methods to report a bug,
>
> 1. email the ns-developers mailing list,
> 2. enter the bug into the bugzilla database yourself,
>
> and I could also find the following message.
> "We strongly prefer the second approach; email to the mailing list runs
> the risk of falling through the cracks.
> The second approach requires you to create a bugzilla account
> <https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi> (https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi)."
>
> But, the function that creates account is now disabled.

I have updated the above web page to clarify that, although the function
that allows users to create accounts for themselves has been disabled,
we can manually add users upon request. We had to take this step to
stop spammers from abusing our Bugzilla installation with fake accounts.

Please email webm...@nsnam.org (or just reply to me directly) if you
would like a Bugzilla account.

- Tom

이원형

Feb 15, 2018, 11:19:24 AM2/15/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Henderson.
Thanks for your reply.

I would like a Bugzilla account.
Then, what I provide you for the Bugzilla account?

Thanks!

- Tom

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting

Tom Henderson

Feb 15, 2018, 11:39:50 AM2/15/18
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 02/15/2018 08:18 AM, 이원형 wrote:
> Hello, Henderson.
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I would like a Bugzilla account.
> Then, what I provide you for the Bugzilla account?
>
> Thanks!

Please send me directly, or else to webm...@nsnam.org, your email
address and your real name, and I will create an account and send you
the login information.

- Tom