How can I implement round robin in Queue?

Wang Tao

May 7, 2014, 3:41:55 AM5/7/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Here, I want to implement a Queue with custom round robin to select the packet to be dequeued in a dequeue operation.

Take DropTailQueue as an example.

I did some modifications to DropTailQueue.

1. I add multiple queues for the purpose that I classify the packets into 2 groups by using (source ip address mod 2).
2. In the dequeue function, I implement my custom round robin, like HTB in QoS. But something may occur that I must keep the packet in the queue in a dequeue operation for implementing HTB in QoS which cause a sequence of errors. :-(

Could you please give me some suggestion? (like, where to implement it? cuz, I implement it in the dequeue function, it seems that the queue is "static" due to the fact that no packets will be enqueued during this dequeue operation)

Best,
Tao

William Diego

May 7, 2014, 5:36:27 AM5/7/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tao,

I think that you can find an interesting ns-3 implementation of  a DiffServ Architecture from which you can have an idea of RR queue implementation. :  http://www.eng.uwi.tt/depts/elec/staff/rvadams/sramroop/DiffServ_Overview.htm

Regards

William Diego

Tommaso Pecorella

May 7, 2014, 1:45:00 PM5/7/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the project you pointed to s interesting, but it's a bit old (2010). Probably a huge refactoring will be needed to adapt it to 3.19 or 3.20.

T.

Wang Tao

May 8, 2014, 12:17:43 PM5/8/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

Thanks for your resources, I have get my work done. :-)

Best,
Tao