error is occuring

Girish Babu

Jun 30, 2014, 7:26:01 AM6/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am running the program of configuration of lte default parameters  from http://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-user.html .I am getting this error showing  msg="Assert in TypeId::LookupByName: ns3::BuildingsMobilityModel not found" . can anyone explain why this error is occuring  and what changes needed to be done .
Screenshot from 2014-06-30 16:48:50.png

Girish Babu

Jun 30, 2014, 8:02:14 AM6/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Is there anyone , who can help me to fix this error.

Konstantinos

Jun 30, 2014, 8:16:31 AM6/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please be patient and read more carefully the documentation you posted.
Particularly the section for mobility with buildings http://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-user.html#mobility-model-with-buildings

Girish Babu

Jun 30, 2014, 8:47:20 AM6/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
 i can't fully understand the documentation, just studying those lines in the doc not getting the things , is there any way for me to understand from scratch , help me in this regard.

Girish Babu

Jul 1, 2014, 12:47:25 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue .

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 1, 2014, 3:56:05 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, nba...@cttc.es
Hi,

[deleted]

I was going to write an harsh message, but then I did realize it.

BuildingsMobilityModel is not a valid mobility model That class doesn't exist in ns-3. Perhaps it was there at some point, and it's still referenced in some old code (dead code, it seems), but if you try to use it, ns-3 will complain.

Please triple check that the docs you're reading and the ns-3 you're using are consistent.

Cheers,

T.

Girish Babu

Jul 1, 2014, 4:05:06 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, nba...@cttc.es
Hi Tommaso,

I am not getting the feel of analysing,understanding the lte code in ns3 .I am referring the ns3 doc itself and feeling some difficultiness in understanding concepts, Is there any documents that are more understandable to my low level knowledge ,i have redumentary knowledge in ns3 ,requesting you to help me getting succesful in ns3 simulation .

Girish Babu

Jul 1, 2014, 7:35:09 AM7/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, nba...@cttc.es
Hi Tommaso,

I realised the mistake and replaced with constantpositionmobilitymodel.
Thank you .