LTE poor Throughput results

Patrick Hughes

Apr 30, 2020, 6:32:06 AM4/30/20
to ns-3-users
Hello I am trying to figure out why I cannot seem to achieve above 5Mbps throughput in my LTE scenario.

I have a single eNodeB and UE scenario that is using a BulkSendApplication to send traffic to the UE from a remote host over the EPC/LTE model.

No matter what parameters I set I can't seem to achieve above 5Mps. Research papers I have read achieve up to 40Mbps with the same topology as me.

What I have tried to solve this so far:
1.  Setting ns3::LteRlcUm::MaxTxBufferSize to a much larger value (This was mentioned several times in relation to my problem in this forum)
2. Setting Queue sizes in general to be much larger.
3. Looking at lteHelper LTE trace files. These files confirmed that my throughput calculation itself is not the problem as their RxBytes confirmed my calculation is correct.
4. Making sure eNodeB distance is minimal distance (100m) from UE.
5. Increasing Tcp socket receive and send buffers.

Please find my script attached below,
Any help would be appreciated,
Patrick Hughes.
single.cc

Minh-Thang Nguyen

May 4, 2020, 9:33:58 PM5/4/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Patrick,

Check your throughput settings in the main function. Could you show your settings and your trace files?