network saturation using on/off application

Doaa Terri

Jul 28, 2015, 11:35:15 AM7/28/15
to ns-3-users

Can I saturate the wireless network (in ad-hoc mode) using on/off application
since my traffic source should be CBR.

I have network with 4 nodes and I want the network to be saturated. I am using IEEE 802.11b

How can I check that my network is really saturated or not?

I tried to increase the application rate (on/off) gradually in order to find the rate that will saturate the network? Is this logical?

I also tried to search in the papers on how to saturate the network but all the paper are just mentioning that network is saturated without mentioning how this is done.
any one knows a source that can help me?

any hint is really appreciated!!

Thanks