The low throughput with a private LTE using Shared RAN model

yang li

May 24, 2024, 11:44:18 AMMay 24
to ns-3-users
ideal-public.pngHello, dear all experts

I am currently working on a project to measure the TCP flow metrics among a public and private LTE neworks. The actual simulation is more complex, but I saturated the key model here for easier understanding.

For public LTE:   UE1---BS----UE2  and BS-->core network by using EPC helper

For Private LTE: UE1--BS1---UE2, UE3---BS2---UE4, BS1 and BS2 are both connecting to one single core network

When I actually try to take the measurement, i found that the throughput and delay are lower and higher in private LTE:

public LTE:

ideal-public.png

private LTE:

ideal-private.png

In this case, I wonder if the core network has certain capacity because clearly the simulation cannot get same level of public LTE since it only has one base station as a gateway.

I would appreciate if there are some thoughts about where I can find the definition of this capacity. The original scripts are attached.
ideal-public.py
ideal-private.py