Real world capture effect

Mas

Feb 3, 2020, 9:48:30 AM2/3/20
to ns-3-users
Hi Experts
I have some queries related to capture effect for RF signals in ns-3. Suppose a node 'A' has been installed with mechanism to observe  capture effect (receive only) and stationary nodes located at different distances from node 'A' send packets to 'A'.

1. So will the nearby nodes will generate stronger signals always for capture effect to take place?

2. Can a node located at a greater distance as compared to other nodes from 'A' can generate stronger signal such that its signal is decoded due capture effect even when close by nodes produce signal at the same time but not having enough strength.

3. How can i produce such scenario where i can show that not only nearby nodes but distant nodes can also be a source to produce capture effect at the receving node 'A'.

4. Do I need to use "FixedRssLossModel" and "ConstantSpeedPropagationDelayModel" and change some other parameters to produce such a scenario where some node at greater distance than other nodes can produce stronger signal?  How can i do this randomly as it should be in real world situation?

Thanks in advance for giving time to my post.