gnuplot in aodv

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Jul 28, 2015, 1:45:47 AM7/28/15
to ns-3-users

Hi All

I was trying to implement the concept of gnu plot into aodv and I seem to be getting no where.I have attached the screen shot and the code.Kindly guide me

Thanking in advance

regards
Lincy
Screenshot from 2015-07-28 15:41:54.png
aodvrandgnuplot.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 28, 2015, 2:25:05 AM7/28/15
to ns-3-users, lin...@gmail.com
Hi,

sorry, but the answer is no. The best help I can give you is: you're too tired to find an error that a 5-year old kid with a 1st programming class would find easily.
As a consequence, the best help I can give you is: go sleep, relax, do something else and then come back and look at your code (and at the errors the compiler is giving).

T.

Lincy Jim

Jul 29, 2015, 12:58:29 AM7/29/15
to Tommaso Pecorella, ns-3-users

Hi

I have attached the modified code.I am still facing the error  "does not name a type"
Kindly guide me

thanking in advance

lincy

aodvrandgnuplot.cc

Lincy Jim

Jul 29, 2015, 1:17:05 AM7/29/15
to Tommaso Pecorella, ns-3-users
Hi all

I was able to finally build it without errors but why am I not getting a .png file ,.plt file like seventh.cc.I have attached my code

Tommaso,ur reply hit me straight and prompted me to think more on what mistake i did initially.

Kindly guide me

thanking in advance
aodvrandgnuplot.cc

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 29, 2015, 4:52:27 PM7/29/15
to ns-3-users, lin...@gmail.com
Your main returns (thus ending the program) before you even start building the GnuplotHelper.
Please consider that simply because the program compiles without errors doesn't means that it does something logical and/or that there aren't errors at run-time.
My strong suggestion is (again) to stop throwing code in, simply hoping that it will do something just because it compiles without warnings or errors.
Try to understand each instruction and, if you are in doubt, consult a manual. Don't be ashamed to consult a C or C++ manual, it seems that you need them as well.

T.

Lincy Jim

Jul 29, 2015, 8:49:54 PM7/29/15
to Tommaso Pecorella, ns-3-users
Hi all

I am trying to incorporate gnuplot into aodv.Is there any trace source for aodv which I am not using  in order to get the gnu plot?.I have attached the screenshot of the output
kindly guide me
aodvrandgnuplot.cc
Screenshot from 2015-07-30 10:47:37.png

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 30, 2015, 1:12:19 AM7/30/15
to ns-3-users, lin...@gmail.com
Hi,

please don't get me wrong, but it seems to me that you're severely limited in your programming skills. It's not just the "creativity" lacking, it's the lack of understanding of the code rationale and of what's going on (or it's supposed to be going on).
In order to clarify the kind of help and guidance you're looking for, let me ask it straight.
Are you searching for someone that, upon countless question, will write the program for you line by line ?
If this is your goal, you'd better to state it immediately, we'll save a lot of time.

My question is due to the fact that this time you commented the "return" statement, but you are still running the whole simulation before setting up the Gnuplot parts. As a consequence, I must conclude that you didn't even spend 2 minutes looking at your code  and trying to understand what you actually wrote. You did simply fix the line I told you, and nothing more.

T.

Lincy Jim

Jul 30, 2015, 10:14:34 PM7/30/15
to Tommaso Pecorella, ns-3-users
Hi

I don't expect anyone to write the code for me.I want to learn on how to use this gnu plot and trace source.My understanding after reading the manual prompted me to try gnu plot in aodv the way it is in seventh.cc
In the manual it clearly states
configure plot is used and then plot probe which helps to hook the trace source of interest.
I was wondering if the trace  source is wrong.

Sorry to say but the purpose of a forum is to guide people  therefore I do not expect anyone to write the entire code ,please help by providing pointers .I am not an expert in Ns-3 and  I want to learn this.

If experts like you do not respond the purpose of the forum is in vain.

Lincy

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 31, 2015, 3:22:04 AM7/31/15
to ns-3-users, tomm...@gmail.com, lin...@gmail.com
Hi,

I will not comment on your willingness to learn. I'm just noting that your presence is recorded in the archives starting from April / May (3 months ago).
By now you should have understood pretty well that the simulation (the WHOLE simulation) is performed during the Simulator::Run() call. Before it, it's initialization. After it, it's teardown. No packet are exchanged before or after that instruction.
Now you ask for direction and help on a program that initializes the Gnuplot helpers after Simulation::Run().
My only guess is that you are studying ns-3 in the wrong way. You're skipping the basics and you try to build your code by pasting code snippets together (nothing wrong in it) without actually understanding what each part does (and this is the wrong part). When things doesn't go well, you ask for help. The help is always the same: understand what you're using before adding more stuff. Understand the things you're going to add before pasting them.

T.

yi chung tseng

Jul 31, 2015, 8:10:14 AM7/31/15
to ns-3-users, tomm...@gmail.com, lin...@gmail.com
hi Tommaso
my situation is the same as you said.....shamefull...

Tommaso Pecorella於 2015年7月31日星期五 UTC+8下午3時22分04秒寫道:

yi chung tseng

Jul 31, 2015, 8:32:05 AM7/31/15
to ns-3-users, tomm...@gmail.com, lin...@gmail.com, tseng.yi.c...@gmail.com
Tommaso,
plz tell me how to study a module or a class....thx u so much.

yi chung tseng於 2015年7月31日星期五 UTC+8下午8時10分14秒寫道:

Lincy Jim

Jul 31, 2015, 9:37:47 PM7/31/15
to Tommaso Pecorella, ns-3-users
Hi

I have modified the code based on the pointers you gave,Kindly guide me

Since you saw my archives  I thought I should mention May 7th was the last time I looked into ns-3 as I my finger tip got amuputated in the food processor and had plastic surgery on may 8th.I was not supposed to use my right hand at all from may to july  1st week as it was in a sling  .I had to go to the plastic surgeon every 4 days during this period to see if the graft was being accepted.During this time If you notice I used to post my doubts and was given reply by Konstantinos , I was working with my left hand during that time.i dont know if it reflects my willingness to learn.

i 've realised the more i start doing practically i ll gain a better understanding.and i humbly ask for help from experts like you,kindly bear with me
I have modified the code based on the pointers you gave,Kindly guide me

regards
lincy
Screenshot from 2015-08-01 11:28:08.png
aodvrandgnuplot.cc