DCE dlopen error

Michele Polese

Dec 10, 2016, 11:32:26 AM12/10/16
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,
I am trying to use a binary from this: https://github.com/modong/pcc with DCE. One step at the time, I am just trying to launch the recvfile executable on a node. I compiled it following these instructions https://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual/html/dce-user-newapps.html and the check with readelf is ok.
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correctly set, and the folder with the executable was added to DCE_PATH. However, the CoojaLoaderFactory complains because dlopen on the recvfile executable fails, because it (apparently) cannot load the dynamic library associated (libudt.so, even if it is copied to elf-cache/0/). I attach the output from the function logs in DceElfCache and DceCoojaLoaderFactory.
Is there something I am missing? Is there a more comprehensive guide I can read to understand how to debug this issue?
Thank you for your help and attention.
Best,
Michele

elf-out-pcc.txt

Michele Polese

Dec 12, 2016, 4:07:56 AM12/12/16
to ns-3-users
Update: I actived LD_DEBUG=all and attached its output to this post (for the part that concerns the libudt.so library and the recvfile executable).
There is a warning:

WARNING: Unsupported flag value(s) of 0x8000000 in DT_FLAGS_1.

I also attach the readelf -a output.

ld_debug_out.txt
readelf_out.txt

Michele Polese

Dec 23, 2016, 10:12:52 AM12/23/16
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,
I still have not managed to solve this problem. Does anyone have an idea on which could be the issue? Is there any additional information I could provide?
Thanks,
Michele