Leonardo Azevedo

Jul 29, 2015, 3:59:04 PM7/29/15
to ns-3-users
Hi, I'm new with the ns-3 and I'm trying to build a MANET network. I'm using the example "manet-routing-compare.cc", and trying to modify it to insert delay in the nodes and display on the screen a diagnosis of the network. I wonder if someone know how to do this and help me. Thanks and regards.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 29, 2015, 4:27:28 PM7/29/15
to ns-3-users, leeonard...@gmail.com
Hi,

as we said a number of times, processing delays are NOT considered in ns-3. This, of course, doesn't means that you can't add them. We just don't provide any built-in model to do that.
About how to add such a delay in each node, it really depends on the specific protocols you're using. I'd say that it's most probable that you'll have to work at routing level (if you're trying to model the processing delay in the routing process). If, however, you're interested in the queueing delay (i.e., access delay), that is already modeled.
Last but not least, for what concerns the "display on the screen a diagnosis of the network" point, please refer to the manual and tutorial for the ns-3 reporting possibilities. To be hones they're very well described in the manual.

Have un,

T.

Leonardo Azevedo

Jul 30, 2015, 10:14:53 AM7/30/15
to ns-3-users, leeonard...@gmail.com
I am modifying the manet-routing-compare.cc network, and I'd like to assign delay by routing, to every node.. I have seen that the command is below but do not know how to use it, I wonder if someone could give me an example ? void SetPropagationDelay(std::string name, std::string n0="", const AttributeValue &v0=EmptyAttributeValue(), std::string n1="", const AttributeValue &v1=EmptyAttributeValue()) I also want to print on the screen. Sorry for my english :/ Thanks for your attention! :) :)

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 30, 2015, 11:12:03 AM7/30/15
to ns-3-users, leeonard...@gmail.com
The propagation delay [model] is already considered in most cases. It has nothing to do with the routing and it is the delay introduced by the channel (you know, the speed of light and so on).

T.