sumo mobility traces with ns3

El Kinani Youssef

May 24, 2016, 7:31:31 AM5/24/16
to ns-3-users
Hi everybody,

I want to use sumo to generate a mobility scenario for a lena simulation with mobile and static nodes, but first I'm wondering if it's possible to add static nodes in different positions in the map ?

Cheers
Youssef

Konstantinos

May 24, 2016, 7:38:51 AM5/24/16
to ns-3-users
Yes you can.

Generally SUMO will only generate mobility for moving nodes, not static.
If you want to have static, you may have to add them manually, either in the generated trace file OR using native NS-3 mobility models.

NOTE: you have to be careful with the node IDs since the Ns2MobiltiyHeler, that will read the SUMO trace file, will install the mobility to the corresponding node with the same ID as in the file. Since the trace file will start from node_0, I would advise to create the moving nodes early in your simulation, at least as reference, eg NodeContainer.Create(). Then you can create other nodes, or automatically created nodes such as those in the LTE helper.

Regards,

El Kinani Youssef

May 24, 2016, 7:45:17 AM5/24/16
to ns-3-users
Thank you for the quick reply and valuable notes.

Regards
Youssef

Denis Reis

Jul 18, 2016, 5:02:16 PM7/18/16
to ns-3-users
Konstantinos hello how are you?

You know if you can convert files generated by SUMO so that it is possible mind them in NS3?

Konstantinos

Jul 18, 2016, 6:33:24 PM7/18/16
to ns-3-users
Yes, you can. We have mentioned it several times in the list.
You use the SUMO traceExporter tool to convert the files in the NS2 format that NS3 can read.

Sava

Apr 25, 2018, 12:36:02 PM4/25/18
to ns-3-users
Hi Konstantinos,

I am new in NS3. I used traceExporter to generate mymobityfile.tcl , activity.tcl and myconfig.tcl  using   --ns2config-output myfile.tcl   --ns2mobility-output myfile.tcl  --ns2activity-output myfile.tcl.   I know mobilityhelper is used in ns3 to import traces, but really do not know how I can import. Could you please share with me the procedure to import vehicular traces and run a simple vehicular scenario .