FlowMonitor and LTE traffic

Konstantinos

Jun 20, 2014, 1:48:28 PM6/20/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that after the updates of FlowMonitor, it can not track LTE traffic correctly (the reception). I am working on ns-3.20 but also with ns-3.19 after the FlowMonitor updates I got similar problems.
It's not that it can not classify them at all, since I see the flows, but it only gives the Tx packets, not Rx.

For example in the attached scenario which is based on the 'lena-simple-epc' with only modification the use of FlowMonitor, I have this output from the PacketSink 'verifing'  the reception

At time 1.03193s packet sink received 1024 bytes from 7.0.0.3 port 49154 total Rx 10240 bytes

but FlowMonitor gives NO Rx for the same flow.

Flow 6 (7.0.0.3 -> 1.0.0.2)
Tx Pakcets: 11
Rx Packets: 0

Any ideas? Are the FlowMonitor tags removed/lost somewhere within LTE so they are not trackable anymore?

lena-simple-epc-flowmon.cc

Konstantinos

Jun 20, 2014, 1:55:12 PM6/20/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Just one point to look, is FlowMonitor using Packet or Byte tags? I have not confirmed that yet.
Because according to a previous reply from Nicola, PacketTags could be an issue in RLC due to segmentation...

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 20, 2014, 2:39:36 PM6/20/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

they're PacketTags, and the issue Marco is referring to should be easy to fix. I just have to find out where the reassembly is done. If you can find it, poke.

T.

Tommaso Pecorella

Jun 20, 2014, 6:05:17 PM6/20/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
It's not as easy as I thought. And yes, FlowMonitor is NOT working with LTE right now.

Please refer to the following bug for informations and resolution progress.

adel agamy

Aug 21, 2014, 7:50:43 AM8/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

I have the same problem, it work with Wifi interface but gave zero RX packet in lte interface

Tommaso Pecorella

Aug 21, 2014, 4:16:20 PM8/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

please upgrade to the latest ns-3-dev and try again.

Thanks,

T.

Yuxiang Shen

Aug 26, 2014, 10:44:36 AM8/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Pecorella,
is the problem with zero Rx solved now? With the latest version the result shows still zero Rx Packets and zero Throughput.

Thanks,
Yuxiang

Konstantinos

Aug 26, 2014, 11:09:15 AM8/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuxiang,

In the latest stable version (ns-3.20) the problem exists -- that was also the version I spotted the issue.
However, in the development version ns-3-dev, the issue is fixed by changing the PacketTags used by FlowMonitor to ByteTags.

Regards,
K.

Yuxiang Shen

Aug 26, 2014, 1:56:29 PM8/26/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Konstantinos,
Thank for your immediate reply, i would try it.
Best,
Yuxiang

Yuxiang Shen

Aug 27, 2014, 3:10:56 AM8/27/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Konstantinos,
thanks a lot, it really works now. And as increase the number of UEs and decrease the interpacketinterval, i see that packetloss become greater. Does it mean that i have reached the capacity of the system?  Meanwhile could you please explain me about the use of EPS Bearer? I have added for each UE a EPS Bearer and set the TBR for Pss Scheduler, but it seems there are no change in the result. Thanks again.

Yuxiang

Yuxiang Shen

Sep 4, 2014, 5:21:06 AM9/4/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Konstantinos,
i have a small question in your program about byte und bit. The throughput you get is in kbps(with small b it means in kilobit per second). But why are you divide the total bits with 1024 instead of 1000?
Thank you for taking the time.